Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between orthogonal antenna and omni-directional antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedaprabhu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between orthogonal antennas and omni directional antenna?

Re: Antenna pattren

As far as I know there is no relation between orthogonal antennas and an omni-directional antenna.

I guess, orthogonal antennas refer to the antennas which have orthogonal patterns in space. And omni-directional antenna is one which have more or less a circular pattern in azimuth plane and directional pattern in elevation (example: donut-shape).

Re: Antenna pattren

I think I know what you refer about.
For example if you are using two-cross dipoles (turnstile antenna) which are orthogonal one to each other, the antenna pattern suffer a little bit from the perfect circle omni directionality, which has for example a ground-plane antenna.

The orthogonal antennas can replace in a lot of applications a perfect circle-pattern antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back