Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between data transfer in GSM and GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anup dhital

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between data transfer in GSM and GPRS, in terms of frequency and channels being used. What are the different possible data rates in GSM?

mainly the GSM & GPRS is have a difference because the GSM is used to transfer voice & data but the GPRS is used to transfer Data only but the voice in GPRS transfers by GSM so we don't compare the data transfer with voice transfer because of the encreption methods & zipping methods

Re: What is the difference between data transfer in GSM and

Hi,

In addition to salemoun's explanation, GPRS can used multislot transfert while in GSM, only one time slot is used for Tx and Rx.
I hope this helps.

anup dhital said:
What is the difference between data transfer in GSM and GPRS, in terms of frequency and channels being used. What are the different possible data rates in GSM?

GSM uses different techniques for data transfer, one of these is GPRS.

Hi 2 everyone...
I am using a wavecom GSM modem to transfer voice signals and messages using R89C51RDxx microcontroller.Now i like to transfer data from PC through the same modem.Can anybody help me how to achieve this and give some ideas about the data transfer.I also need some e-books regarding this task.

Thank U...

Status
Not open for further replies.