Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between c5510 and vc5510?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmadagha23

Dear friends,
I want to implement the MELPe vocoder and another control algorithm as telephony board. As you know MELPe needs large data memory. I decided to use c5510 or c6204 due to their low cost and their unified data and memory address spaice.(not limited data memory space isn't it?).
Now in your idia which of these two DSPs are proper?

What is the difference between c5510 and vc5510?

regards

Re: DSP selection

Hello,

be sure not to violate any copyright: MELP and MELPe are covered by several patents and it is not very clear who is the owner of what.
I suggest you to contact sales representatives of TI or their third party provider which sold MELP/MELPe packets for C5000 or C6000 platform.
In general TI is not interested in selling the license of vocoders (it is a chip manufacturer) and lets you use the 2400 bps Vocoder for free if implemented on its DSP, but the situation seems not so clear for the MELPe (1200 and 600 bps) whose copyright is claimed by more than one company, so be very careful about this point if you are thinking to a commercial application.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back