Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the derivative of (-4+5t)e^-.3t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpaine1331

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know the derivative of the following expression and can't quite get it right:

The question reads: The displacement of a particle which moves along the s-axis is given by s=(-4+5t)e^-.3t, where s is in meter and t is in seconds. Determine the time at which the acceleration is zero.

So, I need to get the derivative of the expression to get the velocity, then derivative again to get the acceleration equation, then plug in the numbers. I can't seem to get the first derivative......

Been along time

thanks

This is a SITE for engineers and students .But students should at least make the effort makeing their own homework .The world has become highly competitive, there are a lot of students that study hard .Those will be the ones that will get the jobs .Is of no use to get a simple problem solved by somebody else.

Hey EJ,
Go a bit easy on the guy... I think he is a newbie introduced to kinematics...

By the way lipane... EJ is correct you have to put in more effort into your homework... I will just give you the hint because you said you have spent enough time on it...

Use the product rule (UV)' = U'V + UV' where U = (-4+5t) and V = e^-.3t.

~Kalyan.

kalyanram said:
Hey EJ,

Use the product rule (UV)' = U'V + UV' where U = (-4+5t) and V = e^-.3t.

~Kalyan.

dis will surely solve the problem.
if still wont able then simply multiply both quantities with e and seperately solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back