Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the definition of embedded systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm in the begining of studying electical engineering..

What are " embedded systems" ?

definition, function,...

thanks in advance

strange question!!

Hi,
Embedded system is an old definition of systems with embedded processor in it. In the beggining, controll system in the industrial world was either an industrial PC on the side or a huge prcess, PLC system or a large rack of boards with tuns of cables. With embedded systems, the computer (the CPU, the microcontroller etc) was moved closer to where the actual "job" needed to be performed.

YOu can find a lot of informaiton on www.pc104.org which is the most popular embedded system standard on the market.

BR,
/Farhad

Re: strange question!!

I heard an opinion that microcontroller will replace PLC in the next decade
is it right?

strange question!!

I had a teacher who said the physical limit for CMOS material was 48MHz, it was his strong oppinion! who knows what the wold will look like in 10 years, maybe half of us will be dead by the aftermath of a nuclear war!

Embedded system in general are system which are running on software which is embedded in the system, smart new generation embedded system have OS in them and are very responsive

This system are designed for a particular Specific task and can not be usually used for oter purpose like a PC can be Workstation Server or even Home Theather or Game Statinon

Regards
Deven

Added after 57 seconds:

Embedded system in general are system which are running on software which is embedded in the system, smart new generation embedded system have OS in them and are very responsive

This system are designed for a particular Specific task and can not be usually used for oter purpose like a PC can be Workstation Server or even Home Theather or Game Statinon

Regards
Deven

thanks for replying,
I've 2 questions this time:

1st: what are the applications of embedded systems?
I can guess the answer: is it a Robot?? or I'm wrong
Is there any other application?

2nd: If I would like to begin learning how to start an embedded system (as a self-study activity)
what will be your advices?
from where I can begin (specially from the internet i.e. links, E-books,...)?
what is the scientific background needed ?

strange question!!

An embedded system is a computer buried inside of something that isn't a computer. The world is full of them. The distinction between microprocessor and embedded system is fuzzy, depending on who you talk to.

I think that the topic become bigger and bigger and many questions become to arise in my head...
what's the difference between microprocessor and embedded systems?

Well there is no comparision between Embedded system and microprocessor

Microprocessor or microcontroller are CHIP (Processor 386/486/Pentium/P4/AMD Athlon ) controller are (8051/AVR's ARMS/PIC etc)

they are the main computing device in any system end embedded system is made around them

a embedded system is made up of one or more such chips and and a board on which this Chips sits it has perpherals for input and output and embedded software to run and do what it is supposed to do

I guess I have made it a bit clear

Regards
Deven

PS: If you feel that youur Questin has proper reply remember the Help Button to press ,

engineer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I want a link or e-book to start with it how to make an embedded system

strange question!!

i am so puzzled,why not use google or some other search engine to get some basic knowledge.

in this internet world, it is never lack of information.

Added after 4 minutes:

just use "embedded system" as the key word to search in internet by google, you will get about 35,600,000 results, enjoy them yourself.you can get start with the concept of embedded system.

dear sir:
please learn to study by yourself,you can get more from the God

I think that this forum is found so that all participents can help each other with their experience
I know how to use a search engine but I want someone who is helpful &can give me the right way for a good begining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back