Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the capcitor function????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elits

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i'm curious what is the function of Capacitor after diode bridge in power supply. How it work?when the capacitor charge and discharge? my friend ever told me that the capacitor only charged(never discharge). he said that when capacitor start to discharge, it has supplied again by fullwave bridge. is it true?
it's better if you give some reference...
thanks

ELITS

the bridge is to rectify the wave , the cap is then used to convert the rectified wave into DC , actually if the cap. is ideal and no resistance is presence "o/p" then the cap charges to the max. and never discharge but since no cap. is ideal and there is always an o/p resistance the cap charges with the rectified wave "follows it" till it reach max. value then it discharge when the wave begins to decrease but with time constant RC , then it will meet again with the rectified wave and charges up again and so on , obv. as he time constant "RC , and maily we control the C" increase the o/p voltage become more close to DC , note also usually we follow the cap. by a voltage regulator to remove the ripples formed.
regards

HI DEAR,

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED FILE IT WOULD HELP YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.