Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the best way for replacing coding with vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahim1

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody,

I used to write vhdl code in ISE, but I was wondering is there any way to code for FPGA in some other languages or is there any converter that we could convert code from java or python to vhdl? I saw some converters but the converted code wasn't optimized.
I really appreciate if sb help me
thanks

There are tools - Vivado has HLS which allows conversion of C to HDL. Quartus supports OpenCL. Plus there is MyHDL if you want to do python.

None of the tools will produce optimised solutions - the only way to do that is at the base level. But they allow you get designs up and running much faster. But they still require that you have a good understanding of hardware, as only subsets of the languages will be supported

Status
Not open for further replies.