Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best Antivirus software on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best Antivirus

really try Avira

the free one at www.free-av.com and u can update it's vdf manually at the main site www.avira.com

otherwise u can buy the full one it's more incredible really

Best Antivirus

Avira. I don't know if it's the best. But it works for me.

Best Antivirus

Why not try `microsoft security essensials` it is a free down load and has no problems with registration and updates.

Best Antivirus

I used : F-secure (really good but it slows down ur pc a bit)
and norman (i use norman now)

Best Antivirus

Has any bidy tried quickheal

Best Antivirus

Ever consider Microsoft Security Essentials? It's pretty decent, no ads, must be original and verified Microsoft.

For me, it works fine. I swapped AVG for it.

Best Antivirus

Kaspersky,like it very much

Best Antivirus

bit defender very effective but slows down system drastically.
norton itself is virus.
i used quick heal sometime back. its very light but not as effective as mentioned above.
i hv been using nod32 since three years and i find it best to my needs. its light, effective, and and gives freedom.
i vote for nod32

I've never used one.

The best anti-virus is common sense.

Use one PC for internet connection with a good firewall and enable/disable
features (javascript cookies etc) as you browse.

Never trust any of the big brand names. Ever.

Never connect development PC's to the internet. Ever. For any purpose whatsoever.

Block all IPV6.
Ensure you block HTTP AND UDP for all addresses you block not just the "recommended" ones. Keep a close eye on ICMP

Only enable protocols and access by specific program.
At the bottom of your firewall tree add Block ALL ICMP,UDP,HTTP etc;
This will force you to manually enable anything new - that is a GOOD thing.

If you use windows spend 2-3 days going through everything it connects to and block them all. You dont need any of it. Most of it is dangerous.

For internet access use win-98/ME - no windows OS after that is capable of
working with a genuine firewall. The software they call firewalls on the later OS's
is a fraud designed to open trap doors back doors and trojan access.

Ensure the website "www.windows.com" and "windows.com" is also blocked.

Only ever allow your PC to connect directly to web sites you actually want to use.
Ensure you block all access to sites such as:
google-analytics
Third party image stores etc.
Doubleclick etc.

If you must have a particular link - enable it by hand the first time you need it
and limit the protocol.

Never EVER allow software or anything else to install automatically. Download the ZIP files and check them offline locally before installing.

Ensure you dissable ALL internet connections for stuff like PDF files and never let
java run in it. There is never any reason to allow that.

NEVER allow Flash on your system. It is a massive security hazard and they don't even know (by their own admission - see BBC news reports 2 weeks ago) that they
can work out how they can ever fix it.

If all this sounds like hard work - it isnt - I've never had to clear up a single infection of any sort. How much time does that save.

The dangerous behavour of allowing anything and everything to connect to anything anywhere whenever it wants to is your real problem.

When you install something new - before using it disable all internet access.
If you really need it you can re-enable it for the period you want it.

IMO the "Common Wisdom" on PC security is so wrong I consider it criminally fraudulent.

And remember this - SSL is specifically designed NOT to be secure.

Until you sort all that out and more, any money you spend on firewalls or anti-virus is a total waste of money. You are just installing trap doors.

jack

Norton is the best
--
Amr

Mcafee is using for me

Been using NOD32 for a while... Went with out for a while, thought I was careful, but I got burned out of no where last week... So back to NOD32 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back