Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the advanced development of the FDTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuanzy97

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all
I am amazed about the FDTD method.I have read many papers about teh FDTD method. Now I want to apply it to the vehicle-level EMC modeling. But how can I resolve the electrical large objects in the FDTD?
by the way, Is the FDTD suited for the analysis of the system-level EMC?

p.s. This is a paper which I think it is a good development of the FDTD.

"the electrical large objects" is a very challenging task in computational electromagnetics, you may search some paper written by Prof. Jin J. M.

you may like to use fem-fdtd to tackle the problem.

I think MOM(Method of Memont) is suitbale for the electrical large objects.

Hi
Because of the FDTD is a congruence method,it based on the different equation and in time domain,I think it advancdes on the broadband questions such as 2~18GHz.
thanks!
caocao

MOM(Method of Memont) is suitable for the electrical SMALL objects. For large objects you have to use Geometrical Theory of Diffraction.....

burton wrote

I think MOM(Method of Memont) is suitbale for the electrical large objects.

the FDTD is based on the computation of the electromagnetic fields in all the whole volume inside and outside. it needs a large storage and simulation time , since it need in addition to calculate the fields inside the volume it needs to calculate outside the volume. then a truncation boundary condition algorithm is also needed to simulate the extension of the ouside domain to reach infinity. Also it needs a (near to far field) algorithm to get far field computations. I thing the MOM methode will be faster and more reliable. if the scattering object is very large it is recommended to use the geometric theory of diffraction.

can someone help me with TF/SF incident plane wave in BOR FDTD(aka 2.5-D(imension) FDTD)? pls help me.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back