Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is SATA bus and its function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany Snow

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is SATA bus? What is the function for this bus? :razz:

Serial Advanced Technology Attachment is a computer bus interface
for connecting host bus adapters to mass storage devices such as hard disk drives and optical drives.

Serial ATA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**broken link removed**

Thank you! I know now. But can you recommend me to choose an ARM processor with SATA bus?

check these processors based controllers which support SATA bus

ARM Single Board Computers for Embedded Systems
TMS320C674x,

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

The Serial ATA bus [SATA] is the serial version of the IDE [ATA] spec. SATA uses a 4 conductor cable with two differential pairs [Tx/Rx], plus an additional three grounds pins and a separate power connector. Data runs at 150MBps [1.5GHz] using 8B/10B encoding and 250mV signal swings, with a maximum bus length of 1 meter. Later SATA enhancements move the data transfer speed to; 300MBps [3.0Gbps], and then 600MBps [6.0Gbps]. The current speed for SATA is 600Mbps [6Gbps] for version 3.0 of the standard which was released at the end of 2009. Shielded external SATA [eSATA] data cable runs out to a maximum of between 3 feet and 6 feet. eSATA cables are used external to the chassis or case. Just released xSATA which is an external interface out to 8 meters.

Hey, guys. I find a processer with TI AM1808. I like use TI processer. How about it? And does has a company designing with it?

SPRS653B–FEBRUARY 2010–REVISED JUNE 2011
AM1808 ARM Microprocessor
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/am1808.pdf

AM1808/AM1810 Sitara
ARM Microprocessor
Technical Reference Manual
**broken link removed**

AM1808 ARM Microprocessor
System
Reference Guide
**broken link removed**

Yeah, it is promsing for me. Does any company in China product Dev board for this chip?

The only AM1808 development boards I'm aware of are the following:

Caribou Board

There has been several reports of design issues with some of the AM1808 Development Boards.

BigDog

Thank you very much, BigDog. You give me good recommend. Anyway, I want to find some companies in China, so I can buy and get more support from the company easily. Maybe even it is producting or designing ,or pomoting, that all are great for me. As you know, that is I want to choose. Tranning, support, warranty are important for me. Thanks again.

Hi,

I sent an email to a few suppliers I deal with in China asking if they knew of any company there that manufactured an AM1808 dev board.

They all offered to build one for me, however none knew of an existing board manufactured there.

It might be due to some design problems, I seen quite a few postings concerning issues with either board or chip design.

If I come across a Chinese made board, I'll post the info for you.

BigDog

Hi,

Thank you very much, BigDog,it is highly appreciated for your help.:p

I get some information from companies and it seems that Embest will promot the new products that on of the them is SBC8010 based on TI AM1808, you can wait for it. Maybe it will appear at the bottom of September. Besides, I am waiting now.

Ok, Embest has released some new products and what I want to knw about the SATA and now SBC8018 supports SATA. Can you give me some idea about it? Or some suggestion to buy?

You seems like to me. But I can't give you more suggestion, maybe you can like me to ask the **broken link removed**.
If you want SATA bus like me, it is more reliable and better, I think. Hope can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.