Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is minimum length and width of transistors for layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajashekar333

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
what is minimum length and width of transistors should i use in layout to get better results after fabrication also in AMS0.35um technology.
For every technology, is there any limit on the sizes of width of transistors.Means if we want to use higher width than the limit we should use parallel transistors.so wat is limit for widths in 0.35um
technology.can any one sugget me on this or let me know links for these concepts.
Thakns in advance,
--Raj

Look into a design manual. They usually extract models for specific W and L of MOS device. Those are the "exact" values. Then they include scaling which is theoretical approximation. I use max W as 10um and if I need bigger size I use parallel multiple. Then you can use virutaly any W you want.
L is the litography limit for the technology. For digital use the minimum for analog use 2x and more multiple of Lmin.

Re: what is minimum length and width of transistors for layo

You can find the answer on the drawing rule or design rule for each process you use

i dont think there is any limit on max Width but
what will be its effect on ur circuit u have to keep this in ur mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back