Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is maximum output voltage of UA741

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I m confused about the specification of Operational Amplifier UA741, i can read its specs....i got its maximum input value 30V-32V like that...but what is maximum output voltage it will give output... of whatever i set gain.... is it that maximum output cannot exceed input voltage ?

please advice.....

There will be a limit somewhere just below the power supply value, it'll be on the datasheet somewhere.

You should find a typical output voltage swing in the data sheet. With a 10k ohm load at 25C it is 14V on the SGS Thomson datasheet, minimum 12V. That is with a +/-15V supply so you cannot guarantee to get closer than 3V to the rails.

Keith.

Actually i m designing PWM Digital Control For LM317 and i need Vout upto 24 Volt to Iadj of LM317 so i think LM324 would be better choice because it supports voltage upto 30V....UA741 only upto 18v max....

The ua741 actually works up to 44V but you are right that the LM324 is probably a better choice. Most opamps are a better choice than the 741.

Keith

I'm sure you misunderstand the LM741 specification, because 18V refers to dual supply and corresponds to 36V with unipolar supply. LM324 is only better if your design relies on input and output voltage range near to ground.

Actually Freqency is 10Khz 0-5V PIC Microcontroller and Application is to control the LM317. It worked for me :) LM324 gives output upto 22.9V with input supply of 24V. So my 0-5V PWM Signal is capable to drive 0-23V in step of 0.5 Increment per push of button.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back