Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is max current can be given to atmega32 ic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroon_tech

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i developed the atmega32 board(with in built programmer),i was tested it is working fine(ckt is ok_),but suddenly it stops working when i was trying to test UART communication.
can any body know what was the problem?...the input voltage is 5v DC and current 1.3A, while testing i lost(not working now) two atmega ics....

Don't post threads with duplicate content, consider this a warning
threads merged because they both had answers [alexan_e]

You mean you have managed to make the AVR consume 1.3A from the power supply!!!!!!!!
How did you do that?

The datasheet of ATMEGA32 www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc2503.pdf has a max Vcc current of 200mA/400mA depending on the chip case, this is the absolute max, normally you will be much lower

Alex

Hi,

You can find the chips maximum current in the Electrical Specifications of its datasheet, probably around 200ma max

A micro in a simple dev board with serial comms would be typically pulling 20-40 ma or so.

If you are saying your board is pulling 1.3A at 5v then you probably have a massive short - some part/s will be running very hot and be damaged by now.

how do we measur Current in a ckt?

hi,
i want to measure how much current flowing in my ckt?..
can any body help me.........

Threads merged [alexan_e]

Re: how do we measur Current in a ckt?

do you want someone to guess what your circuit is about :?:

Re: how do we measur Current in a ckt?

I assume that you want to measure the current for the ATmega32 board so why start a new thread?
You can use an ammeter or use a shunt resistor like 0.1R and measure the voltage drop across it, then using V/R you can calculate the current that goes through the resistor

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.