Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is main deffrent between GSM and CDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnds

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I want nots for the deffrents
or properteise of CDMA

GSM mostly uses frequency division multiple access in which each user has a separate carrier freq about 200kHz apart.... CDMA uses same frequency for all communication efficiently conserving bandwidth..... in CDMA the message is encoded using a psuedo random sequence which can be decoded only by the user for which it was encoded for and for users it would be useless....... CDMA is faster than GSM and more secure....

hi,

Modulation used by GSM and CDMA are different. Basically, GSM uses GMSK (MSK with gaussian filtering) while CDMA uses QPSK.
I Hope this helps

GSM uses GMSK while CDMA uses QPSK
does it mean CDMA is two times faster than GSM?

GSM : TDMA
CDMA : Spread Spectrum

GSM used both TDMA and FDMA in 2G itself.... they r bringing even more in 3G.... how do you say CDMA is spread spectrum.... isnt CDMA coded FDMA??.... isn't spread spectrum supposed to vary its frequency and time slots....

What are the frequency of GSM and CDMA? Can someone advise me?

Status
Not open for further replies.