Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is level of modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I cannot picture 4-level modulation. Does that mean 1-level and 2-level and 3-level ,and the end is 4-level ? Please give me some definition.

Thanks in advances
Jakin

ur question is nt clear rephrase it

on which type of modulation do you mean.
there are many types of modulations for example : pulse position modulation, pulse amplitude modulation, BSK, FSK. So which one of these do you mean

jakin said:
Hi,
I cannot picture 4-level modulation. Does that mean 1-level and 2-level and 3-level ,and the end is 4-level ? Please give me some definition.

Thanks in advances
Jakin

Lets take ground level(0V) to be one level, you'll need 1/3V,2/3V and V, but thats the voltage that appears across the load, depending on your converter the way this is made possible will vary.

jakin said:
Hi,

Thanks in advances
Jakin
i think level modulation means PAM modulaion

It should be actually PAM only because as answwerd above voltage levels are measure of amplitude only.....

Status
Not open for further replies.