Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is external clock input is synchronized with internal phase clocks? for pic16f8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroon_tech

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am not getting what is external clock input is synchronized with internal phase clocks? and why it is necessary if so why we need external clock because we are synchronizing with internal?........

any body explain it with an example .........

thank you in advance.........

Hi,
The external Clock is generated with a different source than the internal phase clock. So Your clock edges are not guaranteed to be in phase. If clocks are not in phase the signals driven by the clocks will not be in sync too. Can you tell what is your module using this feature.

hi,
my module is timer1 of 16f877a in which external clock syncronization with internal ...i not getting it.........

hi,
my module is timer1 of 16f877a in which external clock syncronization with internal ...i not getting it.........

Hi, whether this is used or not, the operation of Timer1 to operated on every edge of external clock if chosen for external clock pin. However, to use this timer value meaningfully, it has to be used in the PIC. But the PIC is operating in internal phase clock which means all operations and computations will happen on the edges of internal phase clock. Hence even the operation of Timer based on external clock is synchronized.

Status
Not open for further replies.