Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Difference between in Ripple voltage and Droop voltage in the power supply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalaianand

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone...

I want to design a power supply with output 1kV. The load acting at the power supply output is at 5kHz (with 20% duty cycle). Mosfter switching frequency for the converter is 100kHz.
Here, which frequency is consider for ripple frequency? Is 5KHz or 100KHz ?

Voltage droop is the intentional loss in output voltage from a device as it drives a load.
Ripple voltages are the small undesired residual periodic variations of the DC (Direct current) at the output stage of the power supplies. These ripples are due to insufficient suppression of the alternating waveforms within the power supplies.

Voltage droop is the intentional loss in output voltage from a device as it drives a load.
Ripple voltages are the small undesired residual periodic variations of the DC (Direct current) at the output stage of the power supplies. These ripples are due to insufficient suppression of the alternating waveforms within the power supplies.

Hi..
Then which frequency we consider as ripple frequency here ?

I think tusemo meant to say that "Voltage droop is the unintentional loss in output voltage from a device as it drives a load".

Normally the ripple frequency is considered to be that caused by the power supply's switching frequency, in this case 100kHz. But if the power supply's closed control loop frequency is below 5kHz then you will also see additional ripple from the load frequency.

Then which frequency we consider as ripple frequency here ?

I smell a somehow scholastic discussion. In case of doubt, any AC voltage superimposed to a DC supply might be considered as ripple, whatever causes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back