Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a weighting filter and why is it used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansunamu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Weighting Filter

what is weighting filter ? why it can be used to emphasis baseband frequencies ?

Any document introduce it ?

Re: Weighting Filter

Hi,

Simple moving average is a wieghing filter with equal weights. However we are normally more intersted in the information in most recent samples so we may give leeser weight to past samples than the recent sample. This weigh may be linear or exponential. and are usually low pass filters (hence base band).
Check out Lyons book.

BRMadhukar

so ~ could i use the low pass filter as a weighting filter ? Tell me more about the book !

THX

Weighting filters are Special filters used in measuring loudness levels, and consequently carried over into audio noise measurements of equipment. The filter design "weights" or gives more attention to certain frequency bands than others. The goal is to obtain measurements that correlate well with the subjective perception of noise.
Weighting filters are a special type of band-limiting filters designed to compliment the way we hear. Since the ear's loudness vs. frequency response is not flat, it is argued, we should not try to correlate flat frequency vs. loudness measurements with what we hear.
i hope you would be satisfied with it

Weighting Filter

Books or IEEE papers about weight filter are more and more.
key points is different weight have different coefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back