Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a replacement for 27C256 Eprom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMC

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
27C256

Hi all

what is a replacement for 27C256 Eprom

28f256 ?

yes, it tried 28c256 it works but too slow when programming. 29f256 should work fine

Hi MCMC,

Has your replacement to be pincompatible? Or has it to be an EPROM (UV erasable). If you need an Eprom you can choose a bigger one and connect unused address-lines to gnd. Other technologies as FLASH (29f256) will be more modern, but with such a small amount of memory (32kByte) you will also get problems to buy them.

Bye

Hi mr_ghz

I find for electrical and modern remplacement, easy to find and buy.

mcmc

Hi mcmc,

in this case I wolud go to a single supply FLASH device. 29f... are 5V only devices. They are easy to find with densities of 1MBit and up. Their name is 29f010, 29f020, ...
In future there would be a change from 5V technology down to 3.3V. These low-power devices will be cheaper in future. But also 5V devices will have some more market time, because they are used in many industrial designs.

Bye

Hi,

If you use a flash device in replacement of an Eprom evice, remember to wire the WE pin of the flash device to Vcc to prevent unwanted write cycle to occur due to glitches on this pin.

Visit manufacturers' website

Many chips could be used, different voltage and package.
So go to visit ATMEL, SST, ST Micro, MXIC, WInbond, Holtek,....
A lot of companies you could choose! Just search the Internet
If you could not find a good substitue for 32K*8,
use 64K*8. The price is almost the same.

I think FLASH ROM is good choice. You can use AT29F010, AT29F020,... of Atmel.

Atmel >100000 erase!!!!!!!!!

27C256

hello
How can i programming 27c256?
Please help me. Everyone.
Please

Re: 27C256

I have a programmer, that I buyed in an electronic shop. I remember to have designed my own programmer "in the last millenium". You should be able to locate EPROM programmer circuits at the internet. Some can be found at EDAboard, e. g.:

Status
Not open for further replies.