Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a PIC microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheraz.pervaiz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC microcontroller

What is PIC microcontroller?What features distinguish it from ordinary microcontrollers?

Re: PIC microcontroller

Is a microcontroller make by Microchip corporation.

And the PIC distiguish for the rest is because is a product of Microchip(www.microchip.com) and not of atmel, lattice, maxim or motorola(freescale).

The PIC microcontroller has the same periphericals (pwm, adc, port in, port out) of the rest microcontrollers like the AVR,TINI, etc, The only thing that make the different is if you like or not to use it in you project.

its a RISC microcontroller..therefore its instruction set is small and speed is high compared to ordinary controllers..

Regards

PIC stands for Peripheral Interface Controller. Originally it was designed as coprocesser. Later became stand alone controller and now have very powerfull derivatives.

PIC microcontroller prefers to the the product of Microchip company. you can access www.microchip.com.you will clear your problem.

From what I've been learning about them they're also signifigantly cheaper than most other brands. The lowest end PIC's are about USD0.75 a piece and even the more powerful 16 bit ones rarely breach $5.00 a piece.

So far I've been having good luck with them.

I feel that the BEST thing about PIC is the overwhelming support for it on the Web.

PIC microcontroller

PIC Microncontroller is a powerful MCU that is dominating other MCUs..these are small but powerful MCU that uses only intructions that can be easily manipulated!

for more knowing about pic microcontroller i highly recommended some books are already on edaboard such as:
PICC
PIC project book
Basic for PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.