Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is a diode connected MOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendyboy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diode connected mos

Hi friends
I want to know in detail what is a diode connected MOS?and its applications.

diode connected pmos

diode connection means connect G and D together. Then the MOS act as a diode. You can use it as protection diode, or bias for a transistor......

diode connected

Basically, i replaces the diode in a pure cmos process. It is usually used as a load (resistor) or for biasing.

diode connected nmos

friendyboy said:
Hi friends
I want to know in detail what is a diode connected MOS?and its applications.

Hi friendyboy:

This diode is called a clamping diode. The integral diode P-N junction between the Drain and the Source of the MosFet protects this output from damage when this mosfet is used to switch motors, relays, etc., or anything else "inductive".
It is *not* a "...load (resistor) or for biasing..." :D

diode-connected

when gate and drain of a MOS are shorted the MOS starts acting as a diode. It is quite usefull in integrated circuit as there is no need for a separate mask set to fabricate a diode which save a quite a money.

Status
Not open for further replies.