Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What if earths magnetic axis changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxyRick said:
I may be wrong though. I would be interested if you have any references for the solar wind theory. I studied a little planetary geology at university on my Geochemistry degree, but most is unfortunately forgotten now.

Unfortunatelly I do not have such materials.

Certainly Mars has a solid core and this is cited as the reason it has no magnetic field.

Right now, yes, but perhaps that core was somewhere in the past more like Earth's core. Perhaps it was cooled down in time.

Another effected animal may be bees and similar insects. They supposedly use the magnetic field for navigation (they can be permenantly confused by a powerful magnet I believe) and pollinate our food crops. Probably if the change happens slowly they will adapt as it changes.
Of course they will adapt. We can say that whole nature is an exercise of adaptation, those strong ehough lives on, those weak, dissapears. It is just that from our point of view, the change will be drastically.

Personally, I think the changes we are causing, both by pollution and simply by over-crowding the planet are far more of a concern. The weather now is completely different to when I was young. I have always lived in the same area and have observed the changes year by year. We used to have deep snow every year here and roasting hot summers. Now, the seasons are milder and less distinct. Definately little or no snow in Winter and the Summers are getting cooler and wetter from increased cloud cover and wind. This Summer has been the wettest I can remember.
We have our guilt at this situation, but are we really able to do something about it, or the nature itself will counter-attack by its means? Personally, I believe we, as human species, are too lousy to do something, because somehow this is in the human nature. Those who think at how will their grandchildrens live in this world are many. Those capable and willing to do something about is are simply too few.

I would like to be around to see what effects the pole reversal has but I doubt I will be. I would also like to be around in 20 million years to see our galaxy from a better vantage point above it. Oh, well.
Yeap...does somebody have some time machine schematics to share? :wink:

/pisoiu

some television sets are tuned to the magnetic field of the earth
so a set from europe will behave a bit odd in australia - apart from the difference in standards
same thing happens if you just put the thing upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back