Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does throughput mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one,
can anybody tell me the meaning of throughput in frensh.
thanks
peace

Re: throughput

Hi peace,
peace said:
hi every one,
can anybody tell me the meaning of throughput in frensh.
thanks
peace

In communication networks, throughput is the amount of digital data per time unit that is delivered to a certain terminal in a network, from a network node, or from one node to another, for example via a communication link. The throughput is usually measured in bit per second (bit/s or bps).

The system throughput or aggregate throughput is the sum of the data rates that are delivered to all terminals in a network.

Often maximum throughput is implied by the term throughput. The maximum throughput of a node or communication link is synonymous to its capacity.

The maximum throughput is defined as the asymptotic throughput when the load (the amount of incoming data) is very large. In packet switched systems where the load and the throughput are equal (where there is no packet loss), the maximum throughput may be defined as the load in bit/s when the delivery time (the latency) asymptotically reaches infinity.

Source for this definition is wikipedia.

BR,

MAK

many thanks Mkhan
BR

can anyone give me an explication in frensch?

Hi Peace,

peace said:

I assume from your this message that you need explanation in french, m i right?

BR,

MAK

Exactly Mak;)
BR

Hi,

peace said:

Here is the french version of whatever i said in english.

Dans les réseaux de transmission, "Throughput" est la quantité de données numériques par unité de temps qui est fournie à un noeud de réseau, ou d'un noeud à l'autre, par exemple par une liaison du communication. "Throughput" est normalement mesurée dans le bit par
seconde (bit/s ou bps). "Throughput" de système ou la sortie d'agrégat est la somme des débits qui sont fournis à tous les noeuds.

"Throughput" maximum est souvent impliquée par le nom "Throughput". "Throughput" maximum d'un noeud ou d'une liaison est synonyme à
sa capacité. "Throughput" maximum est définie comme "Throughput" asymptotique quand la charge (la quantité de données entrantes) est très grande. Dans les systèmes de commutation de paquets où la charge et "Throughput" sont égales (où il n'y a aucune perte de paquet),
"Throughput" maximum peut être définie comme charge dans bit/s quand le délai de livraison (la latence) atteint asymptotiquement l'infini.

Cheers,

MAK,

Please dont forget to press helped me!!

peace

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thank you very much :wink:
BR

Status
Not open for further replies.