Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does G/T ratio of antenna signify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atul_microwaves_antenna

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am bit digging up topic of Antenna Gain/ Antenna(System) Temp. It is popularly known as G/T ratio of an antenna and it is one of the very important parameters for antennas used in Satellite communication.
I wonder what dose it really signify? Better the G/T ,better the antenn, it simply means that lower the Antenna temp(noise) .Also better the G/T higher the effective aperture of an antenna.It is all about a ratio analysis.But I wonder I one uses this G/T ratio to design an antenna? a receiving antenna...?
Thank you..

g?t ratio

antenna gain-to-noise-temperature (G/T): In the characterization of antenna performance, a figure of merit, where G is the antenna gain in decibels at the receive frequency, and T is the equivalent noise temperature of the receiving system in kelvins. The higher this ratio the better the sensitivity of the system to weak signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back