Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does (50%) duty cycle mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajakash

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wat is mean by duty cycle and 50% of it..........................

duty cycle

In general terms duty cycle means proportion of time for which device is operated. In terms of square wave signal it defines the percentage of time for which signal is at logic high level. For square wave it can be calculated as (high time / (high time + low time))

Duty cycle of 50% means that the low time and high time of the signal is same.

Change of duty cycle is basic fundamental behind PWM. Serach for Duty cycle or PWM in google you will find lot of information about it.

Re: duty cycle

ok, thanks... am doing alu as my project can u know the best algorithm for division.........

duty cycle

The output of a device that has 2 conditions ie on off / high low must have a duty cycle relating to the percentage each one is active. A divece that has a duty cycle of 50% will be in one state and then the other state for exactly the same amount of time.

turn on time by sum( turn on +turn off time) for 50% both turn on and turn off are equal

rajakash said:
ok, thanks... am doing alu as my project can u know the best algorithm for division.........

you can make a shift to the lower bit for division
to the higher bit for multiplication

salma ali bakr said:
rajakash said:

you can make a shift to the lower bit for division
to the higher bit for multiplication

only if the factor 2 desired

well, you can use this to make multiplication by other numbers
for instance: multiplying by 10 is multiplying by (8+2)
you can make three shifts for the 8
and one shift for the 2
and then add them
for instance: multiplying by 3 is multiplying by (2+1)
one shift for 2
no shift for 1
and then adding

i think the best algorithm for multiplication would be Booth's algo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back