Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think about chips from Chipcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humungus

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Chipcon

Hi,

Has somebody worked with Chipcon chips?

What do you think about them?

What do you think they lack?

What do you think it is a good point?

Thanks for your comments

Humungus

PS: I'm evaluating using Chipcon. I don't work for them;-)

What do you think about other parameters?

I think it's a cheaper solution for lower speed wireless communication to compare with Bluetooth

I have bought an EVM about cc1010. I will work on an wireless communication device with crypto.It seems good.

looks good

I have examined the data sheet and am very impressed. It is a low speed link which will allow greater geographic range if you can live with the low bit rate. It also has separate TX and RX ports so that you can put your own TX power amplifier on it if this is allowed in your application.

It is just a radio and the protocols will have to be implemented in your PIC or whatever you use with it. For a small network of nodes that you control it looks good.

Nordic chip has the similar function.

I've made a radio module with cc1000 and pic, see at my homepage,
www.cxe.hu
Orders from elektroda fans, 10% discount.
Bye :lol:

similar to Nordic chip ....8051 core

are there some replacements for Nordic nRF903 Transceiver but with 8051 core? (not CC1010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back