Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think about $100 deposit for samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altf4

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in correspondence with an IC manufacturer in Taiwan that makes piezo sound modules similar to what you might find in cheap electronic toys.

I asked for a sample of one of their IC's and they asked me for a $100USD deposit towards a 1k+ order. No deposit, no samples. $100 is more than I am willing to gamble on a dollar worth of silicon. Is this common practice or was I given "the foreigner" price?

I can't find a distributer of their products anywhere. I even used Taiwanese based search engines. At this point I am looking for alternative solutions such as making a recording of the sound-byte and programming it onto a PIC.

What are your thoughts on sampling etiquette and sourcing parts internationally?

Last edited:

Re: $100 sample deposit?

as such there is no clause where the company asks for money. they may ask courier charges. if you can tell the IC number someone can help you

Yes, they are taking the p$ss. Normal procedure is for you to arrange a Fedex or UPS pickup of the free samples.

Keith.

what is the ic number?

its this:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back