Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do GDS and GDSII stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbhupendra

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GDS is acronym for what ? Geometric Data Stream or else.

thanks

gds full form

dude, search all ur acronyms here:

h**p://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?p=dict&String=exact&Acronym=GDS

This link does not contain the GDS which i m looking for ?

what is the full form of gds

Hi
This is siva
According to my knowledge GDSII is Geometric Data Stream Which is un readable formate but most of the fabs accepted.

Thanks &Regards
P.sivakumar

full form of gdsii

Some tool vendors call it " Graphic Design System"...
although the "Geometric data stream" definition also goes around..

gdsii fullform

Hi.............
It is Geometric Data Stream and II in GDSII is not Information Interchange i hope.
It should need to be read as GDS'2'.
There are GDSII ,GDSIII,GDSIV formats in the industry.

Jagdeesh

fullform of gdsii

what jagadeesh has told is right....

what is the full fome of gds

GDSII maens "Geometrical data base standard for information interchange" and is widely used and accepted by the most of the foundaries.

fullform of gds

GDSII
GDSII is a term often used in a generic sense to refer to graphical data in an interchange format. In the generic sense, GDSII is frequently used even if the source data format is GDSIV or other graphical format. In the strict sense, GDSII is a specific data format developed and trademarked by CALMA/GE and implies use on a CALMA graphics system. The term "stream format" is the standard output format for GDSII (or later format) data on the CALMA systems used in data interchange and more accurately describes the data format actually used in interchanges. Stream format is the hexadecimal description in variable length records used to describe graphical data.

Data formats accepted by AMI Semiconductor include GDSII, GDSIII, GDSIV, CIF, and MEBES. Currently, most data transfers are done electronically through FTP but AMIS also accepts physical input on 4mm tape, 8mm tape and 3 1/2 inch floppy media as well as graphical data files attached to an email.

AMIS supplies GDSIV stream format data for cell graphical data representation

Source:AMI Semiconductor

Added after 3 minutes:

GDSII
A term often used in a generic sense to refer to graphical IC or PCB layout data in an interchange format. In the generic sense, the term GDSII is frequently used even if the source data format is GDSIV or other graphical format. In the strict sense, GDSII is a specific data format developed and trademarked by Calma/GE and implies use of a Calma graphics system. The term stream format is the standard output format for GDSII or later format data on the Calma systems used in data interchange, and it more accurately describes the data format actually used in interchanges. Stream format is a hexadecimal description in variable-length records which is used to describe graphical data.

source:eda.org

Added after 4 hours 41 minutes:

One thing regarding GDSII is that i am not trying to assert that GDSII is exactly the way i have interpreted.But definitely there are lots of different intrpretation for GDSII.Even for the full form of GDS there are different interpretations.

Whatever i came to know is what i have given.

what is fulform of gds in layout

hi friends,

the layout we do is not in graphical form hence it cannot be called by such name.

the layout is always interms of geometries or polygons . so i believe it is geomertic data stream.

thanks,
krishna

full form gds

it is a acronym for geometric data structure

calmagraphics

no omsi,

GDSII is "Geometrical data base standard for information interchange". Its the output file of the layout which will be sent to the mask house for the mask preparation.

vijay

Re: calmagraphics

Gdsii :- graphical design system for information interchange

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me what is OASIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back