Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are used to find hidden cameras and microphones in rooms and devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

optical cable for internet...
* one fiber may carry the brightness and color of one pixel.
* so if you want to build a cable to transmit the resolution of a HDTV screen you need 1920×1080 fibers in one cable . about 2 million.
This means a huge cable.

But you know it´s possible to watch streaming TV via internet. Over one single fiber. (OK, indeed one needs a second one for communication the other direction)
One fiber can transmit about 100MBits/s up to 10GBits/s.
For one HD video stream you need (at least) 5MBits/s.

This means one may stream 200 channels of HD video over one fiber (5Mbits/s and 1GBits/s).

Which one is cheaper?

Klaus

Hi,

optical cable for internet...
* one fiber may carry the brightness and color of one pixel.
* so if you want to build a cable to transmit the resolution of a HDTV screen you need 1920×1080 fibers in one cable . about 2 million.
This means a huge cable.

One fiber may be connected to the aperture of the camera, shouldn't that provide view of what is before the fiber? Isn't that how it's done in boroscope and endoscope? Just an extruded optics.

But you know it´s possible to watch streaming TV via internet. Over one single fiber. (OK, indeed one needs a second one for communication the other direction)
One fiber can transmit about 100MBits/s up to 10GBits/s.
For one HD video stream you need (at least) 5MBits/s.

This means one may stream 200 channels of HD video over one fiber (5Mbits/s and 1GBits/s).

Which one is cheaper?

Klaus

Those are encoded as binary and sent as pulses, what I'm suggesting is similar to a periscope or boroscope, someone can construct a optical cable similar to the aperture of a camera, whatever is before the optical cable will be visible to the sensor.

Hi,
Isn't that how it's done in boroscope and endoscope?
You said this is the case. Hopefully you have the knowledge....

I don´t hink it´s possible to send a whole picture through a single fiber in "analog" style. But I don´t know.

Klaus

Hi,

You said this is the case. Hopefully you have the knowledge....

I don´t hink it´s possible to send a whole picture through a single fiber in "analog" style. But I don´t know.

Klaus

No, I don't have the knowledge. And according disassmbly videos of boroscope and endoscope, the camera module is at one end and they are connected to something else, like USB. So I was wrong in my earlier guess that it was an optical cable in them.

Even in analog style the current would have travel, what I'm suspecting involves light traveling through the tube of the optical cable. You see on the cameras of smartphones, the hole and lens is so thin, to that someone can connect an optical cable of the same diameter, and whatever is at before that optical would be visible to the camera. Is an optical cable like that impossible to be created?

Hi,

did you do an internet search before, or tried Wikipedia?
I recommend this.

Klaus

Hi,

The first words are "A fiberscope is a flexible optical fiber bundle...".

A "bundle" is no single fiber...

Klaus

Hi,

The first words are "A fiberscope is a flexible optical fiber bundle...".

A "bundle" is no single fiber...

Klaus

Yes, and each single fiber doesn't have to be connected to each pixel on the sensor, they can be connected to the lens of the camera to obtain full view. Maybe a single optical cable equivalent to a bundle of optical cables can also be constructed.

There are even fiberscope spy cameras sold in the market with a starting price of $149.

Status
Not open for further replies.