Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the types of FPGA's Programming technologies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooM

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
programming technologies

hi,

What types of FPGA's Programming technologies there are.
I want to know only about into FPGA
As I read there are the : SRAM, ANTI-FUSE.

what about EPROM and EEPROM? Are they like SRAM AND ANTI-FUSE?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Re: programming technologies

hi,

for FPGAs the only switching technologies used are: SRAM and antifuse.
Xilinx, Altera and AT&T FPGAs are SRAM-based, while Actel and Quicklogic FPGAs are anti-fuse-based. Xilinx also produces antifuse-based FPGAs.

they don't use the EPROM and EEPROM transistors for FPGAs, these are used with CPLDs.

best regards

BooM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
programming technologies

Xilinx recently introduced the Spartan-3AN. It includes a built-in non-volatile flash PROM that can be used to configure the FPGA after power-up, or to store other user data. That saves some space on your PC board. All Xilinx FPGAs use volatile SRAM to store the active configuration during run-time. I'm not very familiar with other FPGA manufacturers.

BooM

programming technologies

with Altera device. program is saved in FLASH memory to configue FPGA after powerup, and also have some configuration device( use MAXII) .For best overview you should log on their website for more information

regards

BooM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back