Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the specifications for developing a CMOS PLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbalez

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos pll

i would like to develop a cmos pll for my final year project. what are the specifications that i need to follow?

Re: cmos pll

Your question is a little bit to general as the specifications will differ depending on applications (frequency range, .. etc).
Below you can find a link to CMOS PLL, the 74VHC4046.
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/74/74VHC4046.pdf
It contains specifications and internal block diagram.
Maybe fro there you will find a good point to start with ..

thanks for the link, IanP.
actually i want to know the general specification that an cmos ic designer should set before designing cmos pll.
another thing, which one is better? analog only or mixed-signal cmos pll?

most of cmos PLL looks like mixed-signal, PFD, divider are digital; vco, cp are analog

u must know the system that the pll will be used for
to know the specs required
like phase noise , lock time , frequency step

there r many systems with different requirements

thanks

i want to design a cmos pll for frequency synthesizer. it can locks at around 900MHz.

cmos pll

what is your lock time SPEC and phise noise?

what are the PLL's specifications if i attempt to design a a cmos pll for frequency synthesizer using in wireless communications based on WCDMA or CDMA2000?
I want to have a try on it for my last year project, but i am a learner, i also want to know how difficulty and how long it will be.
My tutor may have a chance to tape out of .35 process. Is it possible to do the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.