Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the main parts of a digital transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Digital transmitter:

Hi everybody.
I'm an electrical enginnering student.I want to design a digital transmitter.
can you help me?
In fact I want to design simple one that catch a simple data stream and transmit them for a short distance.
which fields should I be informed of?

Added after 3 hours 57 minutes:

What's the main partes of a digital transmitter?

Re: Digital transmitter:

Hi,

This is a very open ended question. But what I would do is this. First get a book that goes into the basics of digital radio design. As a suggestion you could look at:

Transceiver and System Design for Digital Communications, 2nd edition
By: Scott R. Bullock

This a good overview. Then go to the websites of the manufacturers who make these parts and look at the datasheets and application notes. They will give you good circuit ideas.

The basic buiding blocks of a digital tranmitter would be power amplifier PA, IQ modulator, VCO, PLL and baseband circuitry.

You have to decide things such as frequency of operation, range requirement, data throughput etc.

Manufacturers of these parts would be analog devices, maxim semicoductor, RFMD, TI to name a few.

There's a lot to cover on this subject, far more then can be written on the forum. So dig through and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back