Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weights body principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteoq

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Anyone can give some clue, how digital Weights body work? about sensor,etc.
Please give me some ref. if you know some. Thanks.

The sensor, e.g. load cell, should give an electrical output signal, either in analog or digital. See this one help or not:

**broken link removed**

Hi Nicleo,

Thanks to reply and give me some usefull link. From there, many links that relation with weighting i got.

As i read, almost weights system using load cell - using strain gauges. I have an idea to make a weights system that not using strain gauge, but air pressure. So, to measure some weight, i am using pressure sensor, not weight sensor anymore.

Anyone can give me some comment about the system that i want to build? That system can be cheaper than load cell system. I think i can build some cheap weights using it.

Comment with analysis maybe great. Thanks.

Regard,

arteoq

If you will use air pressure then you will have some additional error caused by atmospheric air pressure changing, by your height position above sea level, and by temperature changing. All these outer parameters can change in wide range and your weights result will depend on them.

For opposite example, strain gauge sensor does not depend on all these parameters, and can has additional temperature compensation.

I am also convinced that measuring weight by measuring pressure is, although possible, not a very good idea.
After all strain gauges are inexpensive devices and are commonly used in a wide range of applications, particularly in mmeasuring weights.
Obviously the choice is yours ..
Regards,
IanP

okey ppl. Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back