Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

we are making coal mine monitoring system using sensors (4)and zigbee module ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajrajanjua

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we are making coal mine monitoring system using sensors (4)and zigbee module ............i am thinkng to use pic micro controller but i am confused which of the pic micro controller is to be choose ...so kindly help me in choosing microcontroller

we are making coal mine monitoring system using sensors (4)and zigbee module ............i am thinkng to use pic micro controller but i am confused which of the pic micro controller is to be choose ...so kindly help me in choosing microcontroller

"Coal mine monitoring system" 8-O

Is there some specific informations what exactly you want to monitor ?

Is there some special considerations about explosions in coal mines caused by electrical sparks or electrostatic electricity?

Best regards,
Peter

Last edited:

Hi,

It really depends on what protocol your sensors use, SPI I2c, Serial etc ?

Not sure how you can use a Zigbee module if you coal mine is the underground type v open cast /surface.

Perhaps look at the 18F range chips which have large memory and various i/o functions built in.
Typical chips 18F4520 or the later 18F45k22 if readily available in your area; if not the trusted 16F877A is a good alternative

If this application is an SIL or other S-word (Safety) critical system, you may be better served by a safety-oriented microcontroller, such as the TI Hercules parts. Make sure that you have a clear set of the requirements (or as clear as you can get the marketing guys to give you) to help ensure that you pick the right platform to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.