Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Water Quality Monitoring System based on IoT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayzatul

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm doing water quality monitoring system based IoT. I'm using Arduino Nano 33 IoT and tried to connect to the turbidity sensor DFROBOT. But then, I didn't get the expected output. Previously, I tried my code together with Arduino Uno and I got the expected output by using wire.h library. Hence, I double checked my libraries that compatible for the Arduino Nano 33 IoT and there's no error in wire connection. The library of Arduino IDE that I used for Arduino Nano 33 IoT tools are LSM6DS3 and WifiNINA. I hereby attached the code and stated the library that I used for the Arduino Nano 33 IoT. Plus, I just implementing serial monitor to display the data. I did not deploying yet the data transmission to the webserver. Did anyone have experience this problems?

Attachments

• code.txt
    806 bytes · Views: 213

Hi, I'm doing water quality monitoring system based IoT. I'm using Arduino Nano 33 IoT and tried to connect to the turbidity sensor DFROBOT. But then, I didn't get the expected output. Previously, I tried my code together with Arduino Uno and I got the expected output by using wire.h library. Hence, I double checked my libraries that compatible for the Arduino Nano 33 IoT and there's no error in wire connection. The library of Arduino IDE that I used for Arduino Nano 33 IoT tools are LSM6DS3 and WifiNINA. I hereby attached the code and stated the library that I used for the Arduino Nano 33 IoT. Plus, I just implementing serial monitor to display the data. I did not deploying yet the data transmission to the webserver. Did anyone have experience this problems?
I hereby attached the datasheet for Arduino Nano 33 IoT and turbidity sensor.

Attachments

• Arduino_06052019_ABX00027.pdf
    84.4 KB · Views: 193
  • SEN0189_Web.pdf
    132.2 KB · Views: 197

The Arduino runs on 3.3V and has a maximum input voltage of 3.3V but the SEN0189 runs on 5V. Have you taken that into account?

Brian.

Fayzatul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The Arduino runs on 3.3V and has a maximum input voltage of 3.3V but the SEN0189 runs on 5V. Have you taken that into account?

Brian.

Yes, I'm aware about that. That's why I'm using USB Micro B as power supply and connect the 5V pin of turbidity sensor to the output pin 5V Arduino Nano 33 IoT.

Hi,
Yes, I'm aware about that. That's why I'm using USB Micro B as power supply and connect the 5V pin of turbidity sensor to the output pin 5V Arduino Nano 33 IoT.
You talk about the power supply...
But do you care about the signal level, too?

Klaus

Fayzatul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You talk about the power supply...
But do you care about the signal level, too?

Klaus
I forgot about the signal level. But then, I already found the solution. I thought that by using the USB Micro B, I would get the expected 5V output voltage. I should do the soldering of VUSB on the Arduino Nano 33 IoT board in order to get the 5V output voltage since the operating voltage for the turbidity sensor is 5V. Thank you for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.