Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Warnings in MWO simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyza

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I got this warning in my microwave office simulation..

MSTEPX.MS1 : Design Rule Violation : Freq<= 13.11GHz - Strongly Recommend reduced W or Substrate H to avoid Multimode Propagation

For your info I am using this MSTEPX element to connect from one txn line with smaller width to the other txn line with the bigger width... I do not know how to correct it as I am afraid if the multimode occurs. W and H values is already fix obtained from the board properties.

Thanks
-Kellyza-

Ignore it..
Because it's just a warning.

Hello Kellyza,

It means that Circuit models are invalid for this condition, & you need to simulate this network in EM simulator for accurate analysis....
If this network is big then you can subsection & do co-simulation with circuit schematic & EM simulator in MWO...

---manju---

Thanks all...

I think Manju is right... I'll try to simulate using EM simulator... I'll get back to you guys when I've done with the EM simulation.

-Kellyza-

Status
Not open for further replies.