Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to make spiral helix shape for screwing in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to draw spiral helix shape for screwing in my design using HFSS. Is there anyone who can help me to solve it out.... I can use the equation!!!!! I Attached the example drawing shape in attachment.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-17 165504.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-17 165504.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 100

There is a helix primitive built into HFSS, but it's limited in the type of cross-sections it can provide.

You probably have to create it yourself. Create various equation-based curves to form the outline of the thread, then unite them with end caps to form a volumetric object. It's a rather mathematically/geometrically complex procedure, but I can confirm there is no problem in creating the object.

The question is why you might want to do so? HFSS is an electromagnetic simulation tool and adding a structure like this to a model is likely to drive you to an unnecessary complex mesh and stands a chance of exceeding the memory capacity of your computer without adding any real credibility to the electrical results.

If you just what a CAD representation of a machine screw I would suggest a CAD software tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back