Want to make spiral helix shape for screwing in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to draw spiral helix shape for screwing in my design using HFSS. Is there anyone who can help me to solve it out.... I can use the equation!!!!! I Attached the example drawing shape in attachment.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-17 165504.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 103

There is a helix primitive built into HFSS, but it's limited in the type of cross-sections it can provide.

You probably have to create it yourself. Create various equation-based curves to form the outline of the thread, then unite them with end caps to form a volumetric object. It's a rather mathematically/geometrically complex procedure, but I can confirm there is no problem in creating the object.

The question is why you might want to do so? HFSS is an electromagnetic simulation tool and adding a structure like this to a model is likely to drive you to an unnecessary complex mesh and stands a chance of exceeding the memory capacity of your computer without adding any real credibility to the electrical results.

If you just what a CAD representation of a machine screw I would suggest a CAD software tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…