Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to draw a Cylinder in HFSS with half water and half Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallick.shoaib

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to know that i want to draw a Cylinder with half water and half Air in HFSS. How can i draw this system in HFSS.

Regards,
Shoaib

1. draw the cylindar
2. add a relative coordinate system where you want to split the cylindar
3. Edit -> split, divides a solid along a plane, be sure to select the plane you want the split on and check the box to keep both halves.
4. Assign material to each section seperately.
done.

Thanks for your help. I split the Cylinder but i dont know how to assign different materials.

Regards,
Shoaib

1. select an object.
2. right click on the modeling screen
3. select "assign material"
4. choose the material from the list or create a new material.

Dear,

Thanks for your help. I also want to know that can i do water flow measurement in HFSS, basically I have placed two antenna in a Cylinder i want to detect flow of water as water flow S21 and S11 will be change. So i just want to know how can i make water flow in HFSS.

Regards,
Shoaib

You can't do flow down the tube in HFSS. Ansys Fluent can be used for flow, but I don't think you can integrate the solutions.
You can do a parametric sweep for static cases with different water levels. Assign a variable to the coordinate system value that you used to split the cylinder, and use that as your parametric sweep variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back