Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to be a embedded system developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccslearner

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai to edaboard viewers ,
currently am doing final year in electrical and electronics engineering, i want to be a embedded system developer ,what i need to do also any one tell me what are the concepts and stream(both hardware and software) in embedded system i should know ? i try to learn myself i dont know where i should start ? so please anyone guide me to follow "road path for learning embedded system "
thanks
noorul

you can start by studying embedded C and microcontroller programming, by using the example in micrcontroller manufacturer, for example start to design simple circuit with PIC microcontroller or ATMEL
**broken link removed**

You are doing your final year and need to ask this - and here?

In company it depends upon the project and team size some you have test,verify it its depends task is given to you, for testing you have make test plans you have various documentation works etc etc etc............what ever it would be you love your work in this field.......sometime you have to do all this work by yourself..if it is a small project..............once you enter in field i'm sure you'll never see back again.........but for all this thing you have to work hard very hard..........as you want to learn by self so go to this link also **broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

Start from various architecture micro controllers there pin diagrams, start from 8051 then PIC, AVR, ARM...You should know how to interface with other peripheral like keyboard,lcd,motor etc....you should know assembly language but now a days it is very less popular due the time constraint so go for C after learning C go for embedded c
you can use various books for these...i would recomended you to go through "The 8051 micro controller and embedded system using assembly and c " by MAZIDI i is very goog book you can use books for PIC and AVR by the same writer.....also go through EMBEDDED C by MICHAEL J.PONT......after all these you should know basic concepts of OPERATING SYSTEMs, Real time operating system, device driver,tcp/ip protocol,etc.............you should also know debugging techniques for these.......for starting USE tool like KEIL, MP lab (for PIC variant), PROteus for simulation......

In company it depends upon the project and team size some you have test,verify it its depends task is given to you, for testing you have make test plans you have various documentation works etc etc etc............what ever it would be you love your work in this field.......sometime you have to do all this work by yourself..if it is a small project..............once you enter in field i'm sure you'll never see back again.........but for all this thing you have to work hard very hard..........as you want to learn by self so go to this link also **broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

Start from various architecture micro controllers there pin diagrams, start from 8051 then PIC, AVR, ARM...You should know how to interface with other peripheral like keyboard,lcd,motor etc....you should know assembly language but now a days it is very less popular due the time constraint so go for C after learning C go for embedded c
you can use various books for these...i would recommended you to go through "The 8051 micro controller and embedded system using assembly and c " by MAZIDI i is very goog book you can use books for PIC and AVR by the same writer.....also go through EMBEDDED C by MICHAEL J.PONT......after all these you should know basic concepts of OPERATING SYSTEMs, Real time operating system, device driver,tcp/ip protocol,etc.............you should also know debugging techniques for these.......for starting USE tool like KEIL, MP lab (for PIC variant), PROteus for simulation......

purushotam sahu, thanks for ur valuable suggestion or guide now really realize what are the things i should know in embedded system i have one more question i lightly weak(normal) in mathematics so this causes any incomfortable to these field how much important of mathematics in embedded system ? what are teh mathematics concept specially i should know for walk in embedded field

What you have learned in your college is all what you need.........but if you want to be in a research department you have to work hard..mathematics is very important to embedded system design. you should know number system, discrete fourier transform for digital signal processors.....you should know algorithms for problem solving etc....
most important what you need in this field is creativity and will power to do it.........just start programming, doing simple project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back