Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want help on the RF measurement using Rohde & Schwarz Signal and Spectrum Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicai008

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Want help on the RF measurement using Rohde & Schwarz Signal and Spectrum Analyzer

Hello everyone, I am new to the EDAboard.com and I am now facing a problem during my measurements using the Rohde & Schwarz signal and spectrum analyzer.

My question is that with the signal and spectrum analyzer, I have to press the ‘save’ button to save one trace. But as we know, the analyzer makes measurement a lot of times per second (say 1000 times per second), so is it possible to save all the traces the analyzer has already made during a specific time interval. For instance, assuming that the spectrum analyzer makes 10 measurements per second, then I would like to save all the 50 traces for 5 seconds.

Or another form of my question can be that I want to save the traces at the interval of 0.5 seconds for 1 minutes (of course, it is not possible to achieve this by pressing the ‘save’ button). So could you tell me how I can do that.

I thank you in advance.

Re: Want help on the RF measurement using Rohde & Schwarz Signal and Spectrum Analyze

You should refer to a specific instrument type and also tell what you want to achieve.

Periodical measurement storage, at least at moderate speed, should be possible with a computer controlling the instrument. "Intelligent" signal analyzers also may have some inbuilt capabilities of the requested kind. With a basic spectrum analyzer, zero-span mode allows a time resolved measurement for a single frequency.

Re: Want help on the RF measurement using Rohde & Schwarz Signal and Spectrum Analyze

Hello FvM。 Thanks a lot for your reply. The spectrum analyzer is the Rohde & Schwarz FSV Signal and Spectrum Analyzer. I have constulted the support engineers from R&S and they say that to implement periodical measurement storage, programming is needed. But I have never programmed for such a instrument though it should not be difficult. Do you have any suggestions on the programming?

Thanks in advance.

You should refer to a specific instrument type and also tell what you want to achieve.

Periodical measurement storage, at least at moderate speed, should be possible with a computer controlling the instrument. "Intelligent" signal analyzers also may have some inbuilt capabilities of the requested kind. With a basic spectrum analyzer, zero-span mode allows a time resolved measurement for a single frequency.

In don't use FSV. I presume everything is explained in the manual.

I see that FSV firmware option K14 "Spectrogram Measurements" is basically doing what you want.

hELLO FvM. Yep, I just saw that with the R&S®FSL-K14, they do have the 'Spectrogram Measurements' function, which can record up to 20000 traces. But it seems that my FSV series does not have this function. So programming with the analyzer seems to be my only option at the moment. And the manual do explain a lot on remote control and programming but I just feel that it is not well organized and after reading it, I still have a lot of doubts.

In don't use FSV. I presume everything is explained in the manual.

I see that FSV firmware option K14 "Spectrogram Measurements" is basically doing what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back