Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] want c code for fft algorithm for pic family

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasuyuva

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
helo,
i want simple c code for fft algorithm. which i will refer and modified it according to my application.

Hi,

I assume you spent a lot of time searching through the internet....searching through this forum....checking the 'similar threads' in the box below.

For sure you found a lot of code.

To help you we need to know what "exactely" is wrong with these codes.
What else do you need?

Klaus

Hi,

I assume you spent a lot of time searching through the internet....searching through this forum....checking the 'similar threads' in the box below.

For sure you found a lot of code.

To help you we need to know what "exactely" is wrong with these codes.
What else do you need?

Klaus

actually i want to write code for 400 lines.in that code some parameter i didn't understand. i found code for 16 point fft. i'm trying to know the each parameter. i want to modified that according to my application.

You cannot read fft code like a novel; the code and logic is complex. You need to read some books and first understand the basic principle.

Each line or individual statements in the program are simple. If you are having problem with the individual statements then I cannot help you.

However, the overall organization of the code is complex. You need to devote some time to understand. It is difficult to explain the code flow in the fft.

But which parameter you did not understand? The user interface is quite simple.

Which member of the "...pic family" are you using? If you are using any MCU that has the DSP hardware (e.g. any dsPIC33 or even dsPIC30) then you should look at the library code that Microchip have already created for FFT.
Susan

You can indeed use the FFT in some mid range microcontrollers, however with a very restricted scope of applications and it certainly will not meet your expectations, as for instance not doing it in real time, as well having a poor resolution. Many time ago I made some experiments to take the frequency spectrum of a recorded 60Hz mains sinewave with a 16-bit core microcontroller ( namely the Texas MSP340F1xxx ), which even having 2K words of RAM available, the best resolution achieved with the simplest code it was just 127 points. In shorts, as said above you need provide more details.

You can indeed use the FFT in some mid range microcontrollers, however with a very restricted scope of applications and it certainly will not meet your expectations, as for instance not doing it in real time, as well having a poor resolution. Many time ago I made some experiments to take the frequency spectrum of a recorded 60Hz mains sinewave with a 16-bit core microcontroller ( namely the Texas MSP340F1xxx ), which even having 2K words of RAM available, the best resolution achieved with the simplest code it was just 127 points. In shorts, as said above you need provide more details.

my requirement was need to write code for 400 lines. now i'm doing for 8 point fft using pic18f4550. but i for 400 lines it won't work. so decided to use either 30f or 33f pic controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.