Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wake up circuit startup circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

branred

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

May I know the difference between start up circuit and wake up circuit?

And may I know how does wake up circuit works? Or is there any good reference where can I find more information on basic wake up circuit?

Thank you for the help

regards,
branred

The two are very similar.
A start-up circuit assumes the device has not already been configured, it goes through the process of initializing and preparing the device as though it had never been used before. In the case of a power supply, it sometimes provides a short burst of power to a circuit which in turn starts the main power lines running.

Wake-up assumes the device has already been prepared and has been put in a state of sleep (hibernation), usually to preserve power while it is not being used. It usually allows a faster start because the initialization has already been done. Typically, it is used in laptop computers so they can sleep when the lid is closed but be ready for use as soon as it is opened again.

Brian.

Startup often pertains to the initial application of power,
and making sure that circuits which have more than one
stable operating point assume the proper one.

Wakeup to means something like a data radio that sits in
a low power mode just "listening at low power" and then
lights up for data when it knows something's coming.

There are many variations of power management and
many likely uses of the wake-up phrase particularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.