Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VxWorks exception handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

trishie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have just started working on VxWorks. I am currently working on the following :-

I need to create a framework which will encompass exception handling & memory management (detecting null pointer usage, for instance). All in all, it will be like an abstraction layer over the operating system. This framework will be in the form of a downloadable kernel module. Unit tests (also DKM's) would draw from this framework.

I want to manipulate the exception handlers & handle them myself, but I don't know how.

The ED&R component needs to be configured with the kernel image in order to work with certain API'S (if i understand correctly), but if its a DKM which is already in kernel space, doesn't it have complete access to the memory (RAM, persistent memory) & hence can directly gain access ?

Can you provide me with some guidelines as to how I should go about achieving my objective ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back