Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vs2 servo motor running current and stall current

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the servo motor is given running current and stall current, after studying about those currents i understood that, while the motor is rotating its shaft to reach its desired position it will take more current i.e., the stall current,
whenever it reaches to its desired position and it is stable in the position, at that time it takes some current, i.e., the running current.
is it correct what i said ?

datasheet of servo motor
https://www.strikemodels.com/wp-content/uploads/VS-2-Servo.pdf

No,

Stall caurrent is the current that the motor will draw when it's trying to move to a certain position but isn't able to do so because it's being stalled.
Give your servo a control input while you're holding the shaft and not allowing it to move. The current consumption will be the stall current.

Keep in mind that stalling a servo will damage/shorten the life of both mechanics electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back