Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] voltage of programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucsam

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to ask....what should be the programming voltage of MOSI,SCK and RESET. Should it strictly be 5v or something less then that??

Hi,

Its depends on your device. Most of 5V device will work even at 3V.
But working 3.3V device with 5V is danger
Thanks

If the device is having low voltage programming facility what james has mentioned above is correct. As he said it depends on the controller you would use.
Regards,
Jerin.

My device is 89S52 and what should be the voltage in XTAL2 and XTAL1? and how to find out, If my chip is damaged? Thanks for your kind reply.
Thanks in advance

pin 18 and 19 should have 2V and 2.5V appx. if u r able to program then IC is not bad. Check if at Pin 9 You have default 0v when u reset u get 5v to 0 v. if not check your power supply, if everything is good then replace your controller

Reactions: ucsam

ucsam

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks guys, You guys are very helpful. I found out that my microcontroller is defective. I have tried every programmer, but my problem was with uc. Well as i a newbie, can u guys please suggest me how to not to blow the other uc as well.

Thanks with love

If the device is having low voltage programming facility what james has mentioned above is correct. As he said it depends on the controller you would use.
Regards,
Jerin.

ACTUALLY what is the difference between low voltage programming and high voltage programming?what is their significance?
which is better for PIC s?

ACTUALLY what is the difference between low voltage programming and high voltage programming?what is their significance?
which is better for PIC s?
Actually LVP is a bit of the configuration register for the PIC which could be enabled by setting the LVP bit value to '1'.
Refer page no: 158 of the data sheet for PIC16F87XA.It is explained there more nicely.
Regards,
Jerin.

before u use a controller, check if you supply and ground are open and not shorted. Then power on without controller or any IC or modules and check if you are getting correct supply voltage at the VCC pins of all the modules. Then, Insert the controller in the socket carefully without breaking the legs or missing the pins. Again check if pwer and gnd are shorted without giving supply, if it is open then set the power to required value and turn it ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.