Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage divider with differential amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy221

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.
I have to create an offset for an AC range of 90 - 250 V RMS. to fed into an A/D. I have got the voltage divider in place it is just the dif amp that I cant get right. Once I connect the amp, the voltage divider changes its output due to the amp acting as a load. For the life of me I cannot get the diff amp to offset my signal by 2.5V. Can anyone help me? What resistor values do I use for the diff amp?
Any help at all would be awesome.

If you lean back and review your post, you'll notice that it misses most necessary information for a reasonable answer.

- voltage divider resistance values
- type/circuit of differential amplifier
- available supply voltage

As a small hint, connecting the voltage divider's foot point to 2.5V can be sufficient to achieve what you want, without any amplifier.

Sometimes in practice it’s more difficult to implement such a summing circuit , you may use additional OA, see the diagram attached. :cool:
There are the two situations, first possibility implementing using a 2.5V voltage reference and second using any voltage reference we are able to provide (U ref> 2.5V) and adjusting for the necessary value.

Attachments

• Summing circuit.png
    Summing circuit.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 126

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back