Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Divider Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to create a remote control mouse and had a design idea for the controller. Unfortunately, each transmitter circuit is subjected to an effect that reduces the voltage six times. Here's some more information:

I designed a circuit with a battery holder, resistors, and some other parts. Across each resistor, there would be a a specialized transmitter circuit with a press switch. If the resistor value was high enough, the current would go through the transmitter when the press switch (button) was pressed. However, that would create a voltage divider, which I calculated would reduce the voltage in the transmitter circuit s times, where s is the number of signals the the controller can send. I want to be able to send six signals (forward, backward, left, right, accelerate, and decelerate) so the voltage would be reduced six times.

I also thought of using a transformer to increase the voltage, but I'm not sure any component can increase power, so I'm worried that would decrease current.

Hi,

Dimly grasping what you're describing, not much though. Do you have a schematic (of at least one section/function), please?

I agree it is difficult to grasp the concept here but I think the intention is to wire six transmitters in series with some kind of switch arrangement to activate only one at a time. It won't work I'm afraid!

Also note that batteries produce DC but transformers only work with AC so that idea is a non-starter too.

Brian.

Hi,

I don't have the tiniest clue of what you are talking about.
Are you aware that you just give vague informations?
* I designed a circuit --> what is it supposed to do?
* and some other parts --> ???
* a specialized transmitter circuit --> ???
* is subjected to an effect --> ???

...and this just was the first sentece...

Klaus

Last edited:

useful responses require useful information

if you have a schematic, please post it
if not, please make a block diagram showing the major functions as you conceive it

please expand on
"I want to be able to send six signals (forward, backward, left, right, accelerate, and decelerate) so the voltage would be reduced six times. "
you want to send signals - how far? to what? how do you want to receive the signals?

this can be done with one transmitter that can send 6 different signals
and the receiver has to interrpret those signals and respond correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.