Status
Not open for further replies.

drraptor

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to measure Voltage, Current, and Temperature of Solar panels and display it on a 16x2 or 20x2 LCD and/or transmit it over Wifi or Ethernet for logging and . So what components I will need ?

Voltage in Volts
Current in Amperes
Temperature in Celsius.

To start with, you will need an ADC, to check your voltage, a current sensor (it can be a hall effect sensor, or a current transformer). For reading temperature you will need a temperature sensor( may be a RTD will do for you or an LM35 IC which gives you an analog voltage based on temperature, so here again you need an ADC).
Obviously you will need a LCD, a microcontroller and based on your data logging requirement other components. I'm sure you can start with UART communication over PC. you can use FTDI232 for that.

You just need a microcontroller, temperature sensor and a display unit to display temperature. Apart from this, a few passive elements to support running your controller. I dint go through the link that you posted, but these are the basic components required as far as I can see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…