Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage controller for temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yjia Choong

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm doing a hardware-based project to control the temperature sensor by voltage. However, I was told that I'm not supposed to used micro-controller or any other components related to coding. I'm not understand much about hardware. What components i should used to control the voltage output of temperature sensor. (timer? logic gate? adc?) Any ideas? or do u have any reading material regarding this?

Ah, good ol' analog electronics - everything's better with analog ;)

The 'classic' ways of implementing temperature controllers without a micro is either a fully-fledged feedback (PI - possibly D) controller, or a simple 'bang-bang' (i.e. the heater being controlled is either ON or OFF) controller based around a comparator. The latter is more forgiving of system quirks such as time delays, variable thermal loads etc at the expense of poorer regulation and is also much easier to implement - one op amp and a power switch (FET/BJT) are typically the only semiconductors needed.

Google around for "comparator temperature controller" or similar and you'll turn up all sorts of useful (?) leads such as https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/motor_light/003/. For better background material, I'd recommend Horowitz and Hill's "The Art of Electronics" as a good start.

Hi Sir,
Thank you so much for your information. Ya, now i have better understanding and have a basic idea to build it. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back